Tuesday 11 June 2013

Welcome summer!

We have got some really summerly days here in Svalbard. Amounts of snow has been just disappearing! When the weather got suddenly warm (up to +10 degrees Celcius) and same time came lot of rain, the risk of the avalanches got also high. Luckily no human life has been lost but some roads needed to be closed for a while when avalanches tumbled over and also one cabin got totally damaged.

But we're happy that summer is coming. It will be great to be having some trips to the mountains without skies. And I really like that brown colour we're getting on the mountains in summer time. When I was still living in the mainland I didn't like so much brown as a colour. Now I think that variable brown colour mountains are having is really nice. In the same time I'm waiting forward to have little bit holiday in the mainland. I can almost feel the smell of grass when I'm just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment