Thursday 7 November 2013

Good bye, Svea

My last week in Svea is over. Store Norske has been having big economical challenges and because of that they needed to reduce about 20-25 % of employee. I was one of them who lost the work. I'm sorry for that, because I think work in Svea has been the best I have had. Svea is a great place to work with good working shifts and work itself is really fine. And best of all, the working climate on our work place is really good with great work mates. But when the company can't afford to have all of us there, so then we just need to find some other place to work. Many have also left voluntarily for to find more secure work. Since spring I lost half of my work mates - and now it was my turn to leave.

But in my case situation isn't actually that sad. Now I'm having couple of weeks free and then I'm starting with new challenges. Actually I'm waiting forward for it and timing was just perfect. Soon we're ready for new adventures in Svalbard.


4 comments:

  1. That's really bad news but it sounds good that you are positive so good luck with all :) Btw, your cousin says hii! Have a nice weekend! Cheers! //M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harmi! Sinun kyvyillsäsi kyllä pääset jatkamaan mieluisassasi hommassa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hienoa, että varasuunnitelma on olemassa, tai oli ehkä jo valmiiksi aikomus? Tuskin maltan odottaa uusia kuulumisia. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suunnitelmat oli valmiina joka tapauksessa, irtisanomisesta huolimatta :)

      Delete