Saturday 27 November 2010

Heavenly elk

My daddy is taking part of a hunting club and every autumn a freezer at my parents home gets full of delicious elk. Last holiday we packed a good amount of meat with us and relocated it in our freezer. Yum!

That good meat just need to be shared with some friends! In evening before I was planning to make a dinner I took a good piece of frozen meat and put it in the oven in 100 Celcius degrees. It was just laying on a wire tray and under it there were a bowl of red wine giving some moisture to the oven.

Eleven hours later was inside temperature of meat 70 degrees. Then I took meat out of the oven and laid it in marinade, which was just spiced with salt, pepper and juniper berries. Meat was laying in marinade seven hours, means until evening we were ready to have a dinner.

Before we got guests in the house, I put some potatoes, carrots, swede, leek and onion in the oven and heated up elk at the same time. While they were in the oven I made a sauce out of marinade, red wine I had in the oven over night and onions. We had also some lingonberries to give some extra taste. Oh, that was good! And food is always anyhow tasting best anyhow shared with good friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment