Friday 17 June 2011

Sommer week in Longyearbyen

When I started in Svea, I was thinking I'll be having so much time on my free weeks that I can do all kind of projects I have been dreaming on but never had time. Yep, I was thinking so - but having a week free isn't actually so much! It just disappears!

One of the thing I like much is to be out with my friend and dogs. For that we had a real summer weather with blue sky, temperature around +8 Celcius and almost no wind. I got totally tanned during last week - and not any beautifully but with real Svalbard-tanning: Face totally brown, but white around eyes marking the sun glasses, also neck is totally white. Fingers are tanned, but arms are white. Pretty... In Svalbard you never know how many of those kind of days you get during the summer, so it's really important to enjoy all of them.

I'm also enjoying my "garden". There is enough salad to eat in every dinner and it's nice to follow how the plants are growing constantly. Thanks for light 24 hours per day and big windows which make our living room like the green house. Strangely enough now in summertime one of the biggest problems in the houses are that they are getting far too hot with the constant sun.

A wet dog is a happy dog.
View from the ridge to Nordenskiöldtoppen.
Black eyed Susan is flowering.
Pumpkins are having their first female flowers.
Males haven't started to flower yet.
There is already first small tomatoes growing.
We're having far too much parsley - wouldn't believe that!
There can never be too many radishes.
My garden is growing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment