Saturday 11 February 2012

Dream of a scooter season

When I was smelling burning rubber I was pretty sure that smell came from slide runners because they need some loose snow to lubricate and cool them down - and that we didn't have that much. I was driving very slowly to avoid overheating and I was pretty sure it went fine. But after a stop when I was trying to step on gas nothing happened. I was totally stuck. Slide runners was melted together with belt. Oh, rats...

The runners weren't totally worn out but I changed them anyhow - just that I don't need to do that middle of the season. But the new runners melted as well together with belt. Then I got enough and bought ice scratchers which are scratching some loose snow to cool down belt. I don't believe that they can be helping on really icy conditions but if there is any loose snow they might be fine to have.

Then I thought it might be time to fix our sledge. It got broken last season on the way home from our last cabin trip. Then we fixed it just with what-ever we happened to have on that situation. It went fine to drive home and we also used the sledge on our last cabin trip in this season. But now sledge is fixed and everything we need is some snow that we can use our equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment