Wednesday 15 February 2012

I'm just hoping for a winter!

Weather statistics from yr.no
We were having over two weeks period with plus Celcius degrees. It has been raining, raining and raining and instead of going to ski with my dog we have taken some swimming trips on the water pools around the town because he loves to play in water. When there is +5 degrees Celcius out it's almost summer conditions even though it's dark! At the warmest temperature has reached +7 degrees.

Even though we haven't had that much snow there has been still a high risk for avalanches. We saw that practically when one day the way to the airport needed to be closed because of avalanches took over it just before we were waiting for two passenger airplanes to land. Airplanes landed but our passengers for them were still in the town and we weren't sure when we can get coming passengers out from the airport. Also Perleporten (=Pearly gates) got damaged when a slush avalance took over it. That caused that the way to school got closed.

We're having a late start for a winter season but I'm not yet lost all of my hopes. Just two years ago I was feeling I was having constantly wet shoes until almost end of January but it ended up with a fine season. So I'm hoping it'll stay now cold and then we just need some more snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment