Sunday 6 October 2013

White world

So was our summer holiday over and Svalbard was welcoming us back. It was quite an experience to walk out of the airplane and meet the white world after really nice days in summerly Denmark.

Next morning I wasn't even got really woken when I was already sitting a small aircraft and was on the way to Svea. The first work week after a holiday was starting.

Actually autumn in Svalbard is quite nice. I really like that special pink colour in the sky.

It can be pretty painful to wake up early to work, but  beautiful view helps to wake up and gives a good start for a new day.

3 comments:

  1. hi, you take really nice pix :) Do you have any from the Svalbard Global Seed Vault, if yo have been there? Cheers! //Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I have been once in the Seed Vault, they were having an open day there when they just got it ready. But if I remember right, I don't have any pictures from inside. And I think I have only one picture of it in my blogg, that's in http://nattsnakk.blogspot.no/2011/02/lunatic-person.html.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah ok cool thx. I missed that small door opening on that post. I guess the full moon steal all the attention :D I found this also: http://www.regjeringen.no/en/dep/lmd/campain/svalbard-global-seed-vault.html?id=462220
    Have a nice weekend! Cheers! //M

    ReplyDelete