Wednesday 23 February 2011

A lunatic person

I haven't been thinking how moon-struck I'm before I moved to Svalbard. Suddenly the moon got so important for me! In the dark time I'm waiting forward to get a full moon. It just gives amazingly much light. In the summer time we don't see the moon in the Arctic areas, because a full moon is always under the horizon. It feels always fascinating to get the moon back in August.

February is one of the most beautiful months here in Svalbard. Then we can see the moon almost in all possible lightning.

The full moon is just wonderful in the dark time. The seed vault with it's ice-blue light.

The mountains are glowing magically in the light of the full moon - that's totally enough light for to be walking around!

The full moon combined with the pastel pink and purple is just breath-taking.

The moon over Isfjorden.
Our church.
On the left Cableway central for coal transportation (taubanesentral) and the constructions of the cableway (taubanebukker).


In February we have also that magical blue light. What could be better than combine that with the moon?

A Sami style hut by Villmarkssenter.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a high school student in California. I'm on my school's yearbook commitee and we'd love to use your image of the Sami hut in our yearbook. If you let us use it, we will give you the proper credit. It would be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, just have a referance or link with.

    By the way, what is connection between California and Sami huts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Well, the theme for our yearbook is "New Building, Same Heart." We're a small private school and God recently blessed us with a much bigger and nicer facility. This is our first year in the new building. We're using pictures of lots of different buildings and houses throughout the yearbook.
    On a personal note, I have an interest in Far North and Sami culture. It's a bit of an obsession of mine. I'm really excited to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then I wish you good luck with your new school building! I understand your theme, but still hope that maybe the new building will give a new start to somebody as well if that is needed.

    ReplyDelete