Sunday 27 February 2011

My valuable friend

I just delivered rest of my salary to a garage which is fixing snow scooters and now my red friend should be ready for a new good season. All the worn parts have been changed with new spare parts. Now we just need good driving conditions over the season!

With owning and using a scooter is giving me kind of equivocal feelings. Driving around isn't ecological, not even I'm having a fire-stroke which is using less fuel than two-strokes. And of course owning a scooter isn't anyhow necessary. But it's nice to have it, that I have to admit. It gives so much freedom and possibility to explore the island in longer distances from the town. We were again last weekend in a cabin. Just packed everything, including our dog, on the sledges on Friday and spend a nice and peaceful weekend between the mountains. There were a track of a polar bear passing by our cabin which reminded us to take care of the safety. Without scooters we couldn't have that kind of weekends out of the town. Trips don't need to be that kind of weekend trips, it can be just a day trip to Barentsburg, our Russian neighbour town, or after a work day a little trip to look a blue glacier front or exploring in an ice gave inside a glacier. When we're out on a trip I'm really happy about my valuable friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment