Wednesday 26 January 2011

A shower day for plants

Increasing light made me to think my plants. They have also had a hard time over the dark winter, I guess. They have been surviving very nicely until now, so I think I have to take some extra good care of them before they start to grow happily when light comes back. I don't know why, but I'm having a feeling that if I loose some of my plants over winter, it happens when we start to get light back, not when it's darkest.

Plants have got a thick layer of dust on their leaves during the winter. Of course, it's not beautiful, but I think it can't be good for them either. They need also to "breath". So, my plants got a shower, a real shower. Or, at least most of them. The highest plant is 2,80 metres tall (measured in autumn), one is so big that it doesn't fit in the shower cubicle, one is just impossible to move from where it's growing and I think one won't tolerate it. So, with them I need to spend some time and wash their leaves with a piece of cloth - or at least try to do it. I didn't had a high enough chair to wash uppermost leaves on that highest plant! But it's nice to see again my plants with bright green leaves :)

There's some of my plants on the pictures... I think there can't be too many plants in the house!

1 comment: