Friday 29 October 2010

The first week is over

The first week with Philips wake-up light is now over. The real dark season hasn't properly yet started in Longyearbyen, but I'm really happy to start to use the light all the way from start of the season. It has still been kind of process to get out of the bed, but I can still say, I'm happy to have that light. And I'm having a big expectations for it over the dark season!

The biggest point for me seems to be, that I'm getting ready for a new day  quicker than I'm doing that normally. Often my mornings are kind of survival battles, whereafter I'm still half sleeping when I go to work. Now, on this week, I have had really cosy mornings. I have been waking up - or at least having alarm on - every morning about the same time, at nine o´clock. I have been having my breakfast in the kitchen, enjoying a beautiful view to Sukkertoppen. Now on one weeks time I can see already difference in light intensity: a week ago it was kind of light, when I was having my breakfast, now it just a twilight. But it looks beatiful with pale blue sky behind the mountain and a half moon over the Platå mountain. I'm counting for, that this dark season will be a nice one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment