Sunday 24 October 2010

I got the light!

I got the light two days ago. Somehow it didn't look like I have got an idea from pictures - instead I got an impression it looks like a white plastic bucket upside down. In pictures that flatter model looks somehow nicer. But, I guess the function is the point, not how it looks like.

Some of my friends had started to use it already before me. On the first evening we lost the power on the town, and light got reseted. They was hoping, that there should be a back-up battery inside the light, which keeps settings even with failure in power supply. As it happens once in a while, that we lost power, I really can't be trusting the light only as an alarm. So I'll keep having my mobile alarm as back-up.

It was easy to take light on use. I'm having a bad sight, so for me it's important, that I find at night time everything just by feeling them, that I don't need to take my glasses on every time I need to do something. I would have liked, the buttons would have made in different material the light otherwise, for example they could have a rubber-coating. Then the buttons would be easier to found, even, when you don't see them, just by feeling. That is a good idea, that light-button has a little knob. When I just find it, I find other buttons around it just by feeling. I think that snooze-stick looks funny, when it sticks out on the side of the light, but it's practical to use. Why that top-lid can't be used as snooze? I think some older models have that function.

No comments:

Post a Comment